Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies -- It's Just What Your Business Ordered!
Ribbon Cutting Procedure
Ribbon Cuttings are available any time during your first six months of membership and also for Business ‘re-openings’ after re-modernization or moving to another address, and are a great way to meet new Chamber members. Ribbon Cuttings provide a rare opportunity to "look under the hood" of businesses and learn more about Claremont’s wide array of products and services. Chamber Ambassadors serve as hosts for these festive events and all Chamber members are invited to network. No RSVP is necessary and there is no charge to attend.
The Chamber C.E.O. , City of Claremont Mayor along with Chamber Board and City Council members, as well as local elected officials, are often on hand to join us in the festivities. The Mayor-Pro Tem or other City Council Member will fill in for the Mayor if unable to attend. Please submit 3 different dates to the office for your Ribbon Cutting.
Ribbon Cuttings are held on Monday through Thursdays, at noon or 5:30 pm and you can include light refreshments. Home-based businesses are welcome to utilize the Chamber Office to host a Ribbon Cutting. For information on scheduling a Ribbon Cutting, contact 909-624-1681 or e-mail email@example.com
The Claremont Chamber of Commerce staff and ambassadors are available for assistance at members’ ribbon cuttings.
The Claremont Chamber of Commerce will:
- Notify its membership of the event through weekly e-newsletters and the monthly Business Newsletter (depending on the day the newsletter goes to print.)
- Add your event to the on-line calendar on the Chamber web site
- Provide Chamber Ambassadors to assist you and your guests.
- Notify Chamber Board of Directors and City Officials.
- Provide giant scissors, red ribbon, and set up the group for a great photo.
- Use the photo from the event in the monthly Business Newsletter and possibly future e-mail newsletters/web site articles.
Please review the guidelines and contact the Claremont Chamber at 909-624-1681 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a date and time for your event.
Guidelines for Ribbon Cuttings
Set a Date - Give the Chamber at least one-month notice. Attendance will vary based on the day. Please be aware of major holidays and community events - the Chamber can be helpful in this area.
Develop an Invitation List – Invite your potential and current customers, suppliers, and employees. Is the public invited? If so, try to send a press release to the local media a minimum of two weeks prior to the event.
Advertise the event – Print posters or flyers and place them in prominent positions around town and places with foot traffic. Target the audience that will be using the new facility.
Plan a Menu – If expenses allow, try to have some refreshments on hand. Suggested menus include light hors d’oeuvres, finger foods and beverages.
Plan the Photo – Try to designate in advance the location where the actual ribbon cutting photo will take place and who will be in the picture.
· Have a brief 10-minute program. Program can include opening remarks, welcome message or a brief description of your business.
· Include a guided tour of your facility.
· Display or give away gifts or promotional items with your logo or company name (a retail store may want to offer special discounts on that day). Display literature, brochures and business cards.
· Have a door prize and collect business cards of visitors. A door prize could be a sample of your product.
· Decorate your facility. Be creative and find ways to tie your product or service into the ceremony.
· A local musical group might also be willing to donate its talent in exchange for press coverage.
· Find a way to thank everyone who worked hard to bring the project to fruition.
805 Foothill Blvd
Claremont, CA 91711
456 W First St
Claremont, CA 91711
2090 N Mills Avenue
Claremont, CA 91711
Leisure Living of Claremont
1738 Finecroft Dr., Claremont 91711